Sunday, June 5, 2011

Teddy, will you draw a flower for me?

Children will always have a special place in my heart. To me, children are the symbol of love, happiness, innocence and purity. When I see children, I see the face of God. That is why I simply LOVE taking care or them and playing with them in KidZone in church on Sundays. Plus, I get to re-live my childhood =)

Today, something soooooooo cute happened in church. Ria-Grace is a little 2 year old girl who's beyond adorable. She's cute, chubby and has the most gorgeous locks. She's also of mixed heritage (Indian and Caucasian) which means you can imagine just how adorable and pretty she is! (Feels weird using the word 'pretty' on a 2 year old girl..haha..oh well~I'm sure she'll be stunning when she grows up! Boys, you better get in line now! haha)

Well, I was helping little Ria-Grace colour a picture of Jesus today and she did the most adorable thing. She normally doesn't really talk much to strangers, but then I decided to take
her little teddy bear and hide behind it while pretending to be the Teddy by moving its head and hands. Surprisingly Ria-Grace started talking back to Teddy!

RG: Teddy, will you draw a flower for me?

and I..uhh..i mean Teddy: Of course Ria-Grace! Can you give Teddy a colour pencil please?

RG: *takes colour pencil and places it into Teddy's hands*

Teddy: Thank you Ria-Grace! *tries to hold the pencil* [I wrap my fingers around Teddy's arm and Teddy holds the pencil*

RG: You're welcome Teddy!

Teddy: *draws a flower on the paper* Here you go Ria-Grace! Do you like Teddy's flower for you?

RG: *smiling* I like it very much Teddy! Thank you Teddy!

Teddy: You're welcome Ria-Grace! Can you give Teddy a kiss?

RG: *leans in and kisses Teddy on the nose* MWAHH!

Teddy: *blush* =)

RG: Can you draw a green flower for Thomas Teddy? [i have no idea who Thomas is!] *takes green colour pencil and places it into Teddy's hand*

Teddy: Why of course Ria-Grace! *takes pencil and starts drawing*

RG: *moves slightly from her little green chair* Come and sit next to me Teddy! I love you Teddy!

Teddy: I love you too Ria-Grace!



Sometimes I wonder whether they (little children) believe that Teddy is actually talking to them or whether they know that the person holding Teddy is pretending to be Teddy. But considering Ria-Grace is only 2 years old, I'm pretty sure she believed Teddy was talking to her :) God is so amazing isn't He?


p.s: this teddy bear picture is not a picture of Ria-Grace's Teddy btw, lol...it's a picture of myyy teddy, Romeo ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment